MAY 18 – 20, 2019
The annual Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival is held over over a 10 day period, culminating in the May long weekend events held at Topaz Park in the City of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
This is one of the oldest festivals in North America and one of the very few 3 full day Highland Games. The festival regularly attracts around 25,000 people to the Topaz Park events each year.
For 2019, the 156th Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival will be the largest in its history with an expanded list of activities and events.
The celebration of Scottish and Celtic music, arts, and culture starts off with a Tartan Parade through downtown Victoria the Saturday before the Games weekend, and includes the tilted kilt pubcrawl, clan torchlight ceremony and a series of performing arts activities.
The Victoria Day holiday weekend in Victoria is a great time to visit this spectacular city and the Games are one of the premier events to attend! Hope to see you at the Games in 2019!
Highlights for the 2019 Games weekend are:
- Massed Bands at noon and 4pm on Saturday and Sunday
- Professional Celtic Music Bands
- International Heavy Events Championship
- Simon Fraser University Grade 1 Pipeband
- Canadian Invitational Drum Major Challenge
- Scottish Highland Dance and Irish Dance Feis
- Scottish Clans and Societies
- International HEMA Blade and Stick Fighting Tournament
Note: Vehicle parking is always an issue around Topaz Park. The VHGA is working hard to provide additional parking options for 2019, in addition to the existing large bike lockup area and extensive public transit service.