NOVEMBER 28, 2019
It’s a little bit of a drive … but well worth it!
On Thursday, November 28th, 2019, it’s the 32nd Ladysmith Light Up, kicking off the 6-week Festival of Lights.
First Avenue will be CLOSED TO TRAFFIC from 3:00 pm until after Light Up.
WE ALSO ASK THAT PEOPLE PLEASE DO NOT BRING PETS DOWNTOWN FOR LIGHT UP (Ladysmith by-law 1554 Sect, 14(a)).
Here is the schedule for 2018 so you can plan 2019:
- 3:00 pm: Community Spaghetti Dinner @ Eagles Hall (adults are $8; children under 8 are $5)
- 3:00 pm: Christmas Craft Fair at Aggie Hall (north end of First Avenue)
- 4:00 pm: Street entertainment and food concessions
- 4:00 pm to 6:15 pm: Entertainment on stage in downtown Ladysmith and in front of Aggie Hall
- 6:30 pm: Santa arrives downtown to Light-Up Ladysmith!
- 6:45 pm: Kinsmen Parade along First Avenue to Aggie Hall
After the Parade, at Aggie Hall…
- Bob Stuart Park and Aggie Hall light up
- Chuck Perrin Christmas Tree presented by the Nanaimo Airport Commission
- Spectacular fireworks presented by the Ladysmith & District Credit Union
From the last Thursday in November until the second Sunday in January, Ladysmith is ignited with the life of thousands of twinkling Christmas lights. Drive or walk down First Avenue (you may be able to shop) and take it all in to fill your cup with Christmas spirit.