McDonald Campground is the best of both worlds, located near Victoria and the Town of Sidney.
It is nestled among majestic cedars and mature Douglas firs, yet only minutes away from the ferry terminal to Vancouver and the Gulf Islands. Spacious sites accommodate RV’s and tents. Cycle campers have access to an adjacent multi-use regional trail that runs from the ferry terminal to Victoria and the Western Communities.
There are 49 drive-in, frontcountry campsites available. Campsites are suitable for tents, tent-trailers, truck-campers, motorhomes or recreational vehicles, but no electric hook-up is available. Amenities include potable water, pit toilets, picnic tables and fire pits (which are seasonally available). Campsites at McDonald Campground are reservable.A great home base for exploring the Gulf Islands. Located on McDonald Park Road, off Hwy 17, south of Swartz Bay ferry terminal. Drive-in sites. Many amenities in nearby Sidney. Big friendly sites available. RV accessible with no service. Reservable sites 1-877-737-3783 or online at www.reservation.parkscanada.gc.ca. Fees apply. – See more at: http://www.travel-british-columbia.com/listings/Gulf-Islands-National-Park-Reserve-McDonald-Campground/3369/#sthash.2Dl1pKNb.dpuf
- Address: 10740 McDonald Park Road, North Saanich, BC, V8L 5S5
- Accessible by road only: Located 5 km south of the Swartz Bay ferry terminal on Vancouver Island (off McDonald Park Road near Blue Heron park)
- 43 drive-in campsites
- Suitable for RVs over 35 feet
- 6 walk-in campsites
- Picnic tables
- Fire rings
- Pit toilets
- Potable water
- Reserve at Parks Canada Reservation Service or 1-877-RESERVE
- May 15 – Sept 30
- *Gates are locked during the off-season and camping is prohibited