SEPTEMBER 14 – 15, 2019
Farmer’s Institute – 351 Rainbow Road, Salt Spring Island
Celebrate Salt Spring Island’s rich farming heritage at it’s oldest community event – the Fall Fair! Locals and visitors alike mingle on the grounds of the Farmers’ Institute, in action since 1895, while taking in demonstrations, races, competitions and hundreds of displays while also enjoying entertainment and delicious fair food! Also explore the fairway, play games and maybe even enter into a competition yourself! Celebrations and competitions have changed somewhat through the years, but much is still as it was when agriculture was the backbone of the economy!
- When: Saturday, September 14th to Sunday, September 15th, 2019
- Times: 9:00am to 6:00pm
- Where: Salt Spring Island Farmers’ Institute: 351 Rainbow Road
- Theme: TBA
Visit the Salt Spring Island Farmers’ Institute website to view the Fall Fair catalogue for more information on this event!
Fall Fair Highlights:
- Watch the Zucchini Races with dozens of hand decorated zucchinis vying for top spot!
- Sheep Dog Demonstrations!
- The Tractor Pull!
- The Pet Parade!
- Livestock and the 4H!
- The Fairgrounds!
- Live Music!
- Delicious Food (including famous pies from the Women’s Institute)
- Hundreds of fruits, vegetables, preserves, baked goods, flowers, arts and more on display!
CHECK BC FERRIES FOR SCHEDULED SAILINGS TO SALTSPRING ISLAND