MAY 16 & 17, 2020
**POSTPONED TILL FURTHER NOTICE**
For 2020, the 157th Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival will be enhanced to add a Saturday evening “Games Extravaganza” on May 16. For this inaugural event, the VHGA is pleased to announce that the Lord Strathcona Mounted Horse Troop will be the featured performance along with a variety of music and dance performances.
In addition, the Horse Troop will also perform on the Sunday afternoon of May 17. The festival will no longer include the holiday Monday, and the Irish dance feis will be moved to Saturday, May 16.
This is one of the oldest festivals in North America and attracts around 25,000 to Topaz Park every year.
The 9-day celebration of Scottish and Celtic music, arts and culture starts of with a Tartan Parade through downtown Victoria on May 9, and includes the tilted kilt pubcrawl, Games concert and a series of performing arts activities. Highlights for the 2020 Games weekend are:
- Lord Strathcona Mounted Horse Troop
- Massed Pipe Bands at 12:30 and 4:30 pm
- Professional Celtic Music Bands
- International Heavy Events Challenge
- Canadian Invitational Drum Major Championship
- Scottish Highland Dance and Irish Dance Feis
- Scottish/Celtic Clans and Vendors
- International HEMA Blade and Stick Fighting tournaments
The Victoria Highland Games & Celtic Festival happens every year at Topaz Park. The games and festival offer you a great number of attractions that will keep you entertained!