A fun and unique way to get around downtown Victoria is by one of the Harbour Ferries.
These fun little boats run like a taxi but also have set stops where you can pick them up or get dropped off. They also offer harbour tours – a great way to see Victoria from the water!
H2O Taxi Hops
Season runs March-October
Victoria Harbour Ferry service covers all major points of interest in Victoria’s Outer, Middle, and Upper Harbour, with connections at each stop to walkways and bus stops.
With over 14 Victoria Harbour ferries they are able to service all of the ten designated water taxi stops around Victoria Harbour quickly and efficiently.
The H2O Taxis operate as a regular taxi would, not as a bus service. While they do not have a set schedule, they do circle the harbour continuously and transport passengers where they need to go.
Visitors looking to ‘hop’ from point to point around the harbour have two options: for those looking to do only a few hops, you may pay the Captain directly. For those doing several hops, the Hop Card, described below, is a great option.
Hop cards are a great way to travel if you plan to make more than one stop around the harbour. The hop card is a prepaid punch card that gives you a discount on hops and makes it easier to hop on and off the H2O Taxis.
- You pay $35 but receive $40 worth of travel. The average cost per hop is $5/person, so you could take 8 $5 hops for the price of 7.
- More than one person can use the card at the same time, which makes it ideal for pub crawls and family outings.
- If you are travelling with a group of people, you need to count the number of stops you want to make, multiply by the number of guests, and then figure how many cards you will need.
- Purchase your hop card from any of the staff at the Causeway Marina.
- There is no expiry date.
Season runs March-October
What better way to see Victoria than by boat!! This 45 minute non-stop guided tour features historic landmarks like the Parliament Buildings, First Nation sacred territories, luxury floathome communities and amazing views of seaplanes taking off and landing. You may even catch a glimpse of a sea otter or a harbour seal!
Buy your Harbour Circle Tour at the following locations:
- On board from your ferry Captain
- Tourism Victoria Info Centre
- Causeway Marina (in front of the Empress Hotel)
- Online (Coming Soon!!)
Departure Times: Every 20 minutes from Causeway Marina.
- Adults – $25
- Seniors/Students – $23
- Kids (12 & Under) – $13
- Family Pass (2 Adults / 2 Children) – $60
There are also Combination Harbour Circle Tour and Gorge Cruise! They can be used consecutively or on different days!
- Adults – $45
- Seniors/Students – $42
- Kids (12 & Under) – $24
- Family Pass (2 Adults / 2 Kids) – $120
Every Sunday | 10:45am | May to September
Every Saturday | 10:45am | July and August
Inner Harbour – Steamship Terminal
The Victoria Harbour Ferry is in its 25th year of performing the Harbour Ferry Ballet on the waters of Victoria’s Inner Harbour. The ballet that began in 1993 as a 10-minute performance to entertain guests and locals, and to showcase the agility of the harbour ferries, and has become an icon of the harbour.
Every Sunday morning from May to September, and every Saturday morning in July and August, the ferries perform at 10:45am in the Inner Harbour. You’ll never see a ballet like this one anywhere else in the world, as the team of Harbour Ferry Captains entertain everyone who looks on.
Pickle Pub Crawl!
Let your ferry boat Captain be your designated driver!! Join us on this one-of-kind pub crawl. Every group of 4 receives one free appetizer to share. Your ticket/wristband includes 4 hops on the ferry and the bonus of a free appetizer at some of Victoria’s finest establishments. Once you’ve used your 4 hops…finish the night off on foot and check out all the other pubs on the crawl! See if you can you do them all!!
DATE & TIME:
- April 15, 2016 to September 11, 2016
- 7 days a week
- Pub Crawls start: 10am – 5:30pm (call us to pick your time slot)
- Ferries run 10am – 9pm
- Thurs-Sunday & Holidays – $25/person
- Mon-Wed – $20/person – It’s not as busy and it’s cheaper!!!
- Sorry…no refunds!
- There are limited tickets – so purchase your tickets early – we do sell out! Call Kristin Monday to Friday (10am – 2pm) 250-590-3134 to buy your tickets. First come first served!!
- If you are trying to get tickets for the day of…head down to the Steamship Terminal Kiosk and cross your fingers that there are still tickets available!
- To alleviate crowds, we have allowed a maximum of 12 people to pick up tickets every 15 minutes. Hopefully this will help with the ferry line ups. Call to book a time slot to pick your tickets up. Please Note: Your time slot is not a reserved seat on a water taxi.
- Once your tickets have been purchased, they will be waiting for you at the Steamship Terminal kiosk on the day of your pub crawl.
- All Pickle Pub Crawls start at the Steamship Terminal. Anticipate about 1.5hrs at each stop – so don’t start the pub crawl too late!
- Tickets can be scanned 4 times to allow for 4 ferry hops. Please hold on to your ticket as you will need it to get on the ferry each time.
- Pickle Pub Crawl wristbands DO NOT guarantee you a seat in the pubs. You will have to wait to be seated at all the venues like everyone else. Please feel free to call the venues to give them a heads up that you are coming.
- Wait times for ferries and restaurants can sometimes be more than 30 minutes.
- You must be at least 19yrs.
- One restaurant bill per group.
Visit as many or as few stops as you have time for.
Stops & Appetizers include:
- Lido Waterfront Bar and Bistro – East Coast Garlic Fingers
- The Pacific Lounge – Chicken Wings
- Steamship Grill & Bar – Oysters on the Half Shell
- Bard & Banker – Parmesan Fries
- Swans Hotel & Brewpub – Deep Fried Pickles
- Irish Times Pub – The Irish Poutine
- The Guild – Fish & Chips
- Belleville’s Watering Hole & Diner – Asian Sticky Ribs
- Lure Restaurant & Bar – Tapenade Flat Bread
For more information and to see maps of ferry routes, click HERE.