About a 20-30 minute drive from downtown Victoria is the quaint town of Sidney. It has a wonderful selection of bookstores all within walking distance of one another – giving it the nickname of ‘booktown’!
1. Tanner’s Books – 2436 Beacon Ave, Sidney
Hours: Daily 8-9
Browse, reserve & shop millions of titles!
1a. The Children’s Bookshop – 2436 Beacon Ave, Sidney
Hours: Mon – Sat 8-8, Sunday 9:30-5:30
2. Beacon Books – 2372 Beacon Ave., Sidney
Hours: Mon – Sat 10 – 5:30, Sun & Holidays 10-4
A general bookstore of secondhand books including collectable, rare, and antiquarian books.
3. The Haunted Bookshop – 9807 Third St., Sidney
Hours: Daily 10-5
The Haunted actually caters to recreational readers wanting recent paperbacks and scholars seeking out-of-print material, as well as to collectors of rarities.
4. Galleon Books and Antiques – 106 – 2506 Beacon Ave., Sidney
Hours: Daily 9-5
Second-hand books, antiques and collectibles specializing in non-fiction subjects, including BC history, exploration, First Nations, military, and art history.
5. The Military and History Bookshop – 9812 Fourth St., Sidney
Hours: Mon – Sat 10-5, Sun & Holidays 12-4
This unique store offers books on all things military.
Here is a map of bookstores from downtown Victoria to Sidney: