There’s a reason that Victoria is called “The City of Gardens” …. we’ve got a lot of them!
Victoria is known for its variety and abundance of flowers and plants of all kinds. If gardening is your passion, a great place to visit while you’re here is the Horticulture Centre of the Pacific – or HPC – (formerly called Glendale Gardens).
A Garden for Gardeners Since 1979
- Nine acres of spectacular gardens showcase over 10,000 varieties of plants, the majority of which are labelled
- Thirty-four different areas are designed and planted to demonstrate landscaping techniques suitable for the Pacific Northwest
- Some gardens are cared for by local clubs including: Heather, Rhododendron, Lily and Hardy Plant
- Year-round interest includes the renowned Doris Page Winter Garden and the Takata Japanese Garden
- Private tours, group tours and guided school tours will happily be arranged
- Horticulture Library with over 2,500 landscaping and garden-related books and magazines
- Nourish Bistro
- A volunteer program needing gardeners, carpenters, office and events help
- Most recently known as “Glendale” Gardens”, now referred to as The Gardens at HCP
Click HERE for hours, admission fees, schedules of events, workshops and other special occasions taking place at the gardens.
505 Quayle Rd,
V9E 2J7, Canada
I have a collection of horticulture books that I would like to donate.
I used to be a horticulture instructor at Camosun.
Hi Clyde, Sounds wonderful … please contact the gardens at HCP directly as I’m only an info website with listings of events and destinations in and around Victoria and I’m not connected to HCP in any way.
Victoria is known for it’s variety and abundance of flowers and plants. Would you please change the “it’s” to “its” as it is possessive and not a short form for “it is”. Thank you Ans Steenman
Thanks for pointing out that oversight. It’s now fixed.
I am the Program Coordinator for Cordova Bay 55+ and am wondering if there is someone that might be interested in coming to our Centre (in Cordova Bay School) to speak to our members on the morning of Tuesday, April 5th. We meet at 10:00, have a short meeting then introduce our speaker about 10:15 and finish off about 11:00. We are unable to pay our speakers but this occasion may introduce more people to your renowned gardens. Our meetings lately have combined with Zoom and in-person events. We prefer it if our speakers could appear in person but can set you up on Zoom if you would like.
Thanks for considering my request. I look forward to your reply.
Barb Waldner – phone 250 658 5680
So sorry … but you’ve reached me here at Visitor in Victoria … I have no connection to the Gardens at HCP. Please contact them directly at: https://hcp.ca/