There’s a reason that Victoria is called “The City of Gardens” …. we’ve got a lot of them!
Victoria is known for it’s variety and abundance of flowers and plants of all kinds. If gardening is your passion, a great place to visit while you’re here is the Horticulture Centre of the Pacific – or HPC – (formerly called Glendale Gardens).
A Garden for Gardeners Since 1979
- Nine acres of spectacular gardens showcase over 10,000 varieties of plants, the majority of which are labelled
- Thirty-four different areas are designed and planted to demonstrate landscaping techniques suitable for the Pacific Northwest
- Some gardens are cared for by local clubs including: Heather, Rhododendron, Lily and Hardy Plant
- Year-round interest includes the renowned Doris Page Winter Garden and the Takata Japanese Garden
- Private tours, group tours and guided school tours will happily be arranged
- Horticulture Library with over 2,500 landscaping and garden-related books and magazines
- Nourish Bistro
- A volunteer program needing gardeners, carpenters, office and events help
- Most recently known as “Glendale” Gardens”, now referred to as The Gardens at HCP
Click HERE for hours, admission fees, schedules of events, workshops and other special occasions taking place at the gardens.
505 Quayle Rd,
V9E 2J7, Canada