There are a number of small beaches I like to call ‘pocket beaches’ scattered around Victoria. They are really tiny but this usually means they are fairly quiet – usually only known to the local neighborhood. Here are a few you might want to try:
1. Queen Alexandra Cove Beach – 2400 Arbutus Rd. Park in hospital parking lot. A small, pebble/sand beach reached via stairway.
2. Telegraph Bay – 4040 Telegraph Bay Rd. Small, pebble/sand beach – flat access.
3. Balmacarra Beach – 4588 Balmacarra Rd (Mt. Doug), a small stretch of pebble/rock and some sand beach via steep stairs. Parking can be challenging.
4. Hollydene Beach – Hollydene Pl. Small, sandy beach via steep stairway. Parking can be challenging.
5. Arbutus Cove Park – Arbutus Cove Lane – Gordon Head
Open space and naturalistic area with trails to the cove. Arbutus Cove is sheltered with rocky sections and sandy beach.