In addition to the usual Government or Private ‘standard’ liquor type stores that sell a smattering of everything, there are some stores that carry only certain items or specialize in more unique or local kinds of alcohol.
Location of ‘Specialty’ Wine/Beer/Liquor Stores:
644 Broughton Street.
#131 – 2401 Millstream Rd.
(in the mall on right-hand side of road … turn right just after McDonald’s). It’s a very large store with (obviously) wine only. Lots of good bargains … and you get a 5% discount if you buy a case of 12 (does not have to be all the same wine!).
Liquor & Spirits
Caledonia Brewery & Distillery
761 Enterprise Crescent, Saanich
2631 Seaside Dr., Shirley, BC
The Strath Ale, Wine & Spirit Merchants
Location: 919 Douglas Street
6170 Old West Saanich Rd.
653 Pandora directly across from City Hall.
Victoria has many local craft beer manufacturers. Some of these are carried in Government and/or Private Liquor stores, some only sell their products at their source or their own private liquor stores. You can now get ‘Growlers*’ at certain breweries that you can fill over and over again!
A growler is a glass, ceramic, or stainless steel jug used to transport draft beer in the United States and Canada. They are commonly sold at breweries and brewpubs as a means to sell take-out craft beer. Rarely, beers are bottled in growlers for retail sale. The exploding growth of craft breweries and the growing popularity of home brewing has also led to an emerging market for the sale of collectible growlers.
- Phillips Brewing Company – 2010 Government St.
- Vancouver Island Brewing Co. – 2330 Government St.
- Driftwood Brewery – 102 – 450 Hillside Ave.
- Hoyne Brewing Co. – 101 – 2740 Bridge St.
- Lighthouse Brewing Co. – 2 – 836 Devonshire Rd.
- The Moon Under Water Brewpub – 350 Bay St.
- Spinnakers Gastro Brewpub – 308 Catherine St.
- Canoe Brewpub – 450 Swift St.
- Swans Brewpub – 506 Pandora St.
- Four Mile House – 199 Island Highway
Leave A Comment