Bus Transportation from Victoria to other Vancouver Island Destinations
TOFINO BUS ISLAND EXPRESS
If you are planning to visit other parts of Vancouver Island while you are visiting Victoria and don’t have your own vehicle and don’t want to rent a car, there are other alternatives. Tofino Bus Island Express is a locally owned Vancouver Island bus company that offers daily scheduled passenger service as well as charter bus services. Based in beautiful Tofino, B.C., Tofino Bus Island Express provides daily transportation to Tofino, Ucluelet and Port Alberni from Parksville, Nanaimo, Vancouver and Victoria.
Access all the major points along the Victoria – Nanaimo – Parksville – Port Alberni – Ucluelet – Tofino highway with Tofino Bus Island Express.
Contact Tofino Bus Island Express here:
Toll Free: 1.866.986.3466
Check out their website here: Tofino Bus Island Express
ISLAND LINK EXPRESS BUS
IslandLinkBus provides passenger express bus service between most Vancouver Island points and BC Ferries’ services at Nanaimo Departure Bay.
Island Express Bus provides passenger express bus service between most Vancouver Island points and BC Ferries’ services at Buckley Bay.
Winter 2015/2016 (until May 18th, 2016)
- New twice/weekly (Friday & Sunday, varies on holiday weekends) service to Tofino. This TOFINO EXPRESS BUS service is more than 1 hour quicker than the service offered by Tofino Bus.
- Up to FIVE daily frequencies Campbell River-Courtenay-Cumberland-Buckley Bay-Parksville-Departure Bay, Nanaimo, and Departure Bay, Nanaimo-Duncan-Mill Bay-Victoria.
Summer 2016 (May 19th – October 10th, 2016)
- Service to/from Tofino becomes daily May 19th, 2016. Departure from Tofino at 8:30am to Departure Bay, Nanaimo, returning to Tofino at 1:00pm.
- FIVE daily frequencies Campbell River-Courtenay-Cumberland-Buckley Bay-Parksville-Departure Bay, Nanaimo, and Departure Bay, Nanaimo-Duncan-Mill Bay-Victoria.
- Effective May 19th, we will commence serving the Little River ferry terminal in Comox for the benefit of Powell River residents and visitors. We will meet the 8:05am BC Ferries sailing from Powell River Westview on a daily basis, and will return to Comox Little River to connect with the 3:15pm or 6:50pm sailing back to Powell River, depending on the day of the week and the prevailing BC Ferries’ schedule.
- Our new daily Vancouver Island/Whistler service starts June 23rd. The bus will drive onto the ferry between Departure Bay, Nanaimo and Horseshoe Bay, in both directions, so passengers have no need to carry their luggage and sporting equipment. Departure from Victoria is 7:55am (from Campbell River at 7:30am and from Nanaimo at 10:00am) with arrival in Whistler at 1:55pm. Passenger ferry fares are included in the quoted Islandlink bus fares. Return from Whistler to all Island points is at 3:00pm. We do not charge for the carriage of golf clubs or skis, nor for pick-up or drop-off at Whistler Village hotels. This new Islandlink service will be the quickest, best priced bus service available between Vancouver Island and Whistler.
- Buckley Bay to/from Victoria non-stop, and Buckley Bay to/from Cumberland, Courtenay, Merville, Black Creek, Oyster River and Campbell River.
- Both schedules operate Monday & Friday only until May 18th, then become daily on May 19th, 2016.
Please remember, the only way to guarantee a seat on the schedule of your choice is to book online, on this website. More schedule & price details? Click here